Friday 13 January 2017

My 2017 reading goals

I'm not a fan of TBR (to be read) lists. They just don't work for me. Whenever I've made TBR lists, the books I plan to read sit on my bookshelf for months because I just start to see them as bullets on my to-do list.

What I like to do instead is set up general reading goals for myself and see where they take me. I know which books I'm reading for the next couple of weeks (thanks to the library, I'm first and second "in line" for a couple of books I have on hold.) After being in line since September of last year to read The Best Kind of People by Zoe Whittall, I finally have my hands on one of 2016's most talked about books!

After I finish up reading that book, which I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy, here's what I hope to accomplish this year in terms of what I'm reading:

Reading goals:
  • Read 52 books (a book a week)
  • Read at least three classics 
  • Join or start a virtual reading club 
  • Donate 10-15 books
  • Use sticky notes to write thoughts and ideas down while I'm reading
  • Read books by authors outside of the U.S. and Canada
  • Read more Stephen King
  • Read books completely new to me (i.e. books I've never heard of before)
  • Write at least one book review a month for my blog
I'm lucky to be on a trip to New York City right now for school, so keep your eyes peeled for a new post next week all about it!

What are your reading goals for 2017? Leave a comment below and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment